PDF file troubleshooting
Many Doll Project tutorials are saved in PDF format. Having a little trouble with this? Read on.
Some things you can try
- Right-click on the link, select “Save Link As…” and save the file to your desktop (or wherever you normally save files).
- Right-click on the link and select “Copy Link Address.” Go to a new browser window and paste the address into your url bar. Start with the browser you normally use and if that doesn’t work, try another. I use Chrome, Firefox and Explorer in that order.
- Make sure you have an updated version of Adobe Acrobat or a similar PDF reader installed on your computer or device so you can open the files.
- I often find simply restarting my computer solves a lot of problems as well. I hope this helps!
If you are using a phone or tablet, try using the default browser for that device (for example, Apple uses Safari).
Trouble with a PDF linked in a Doll Project Newsletter?
Visit the tutorials page and try downloading the PDF linked here.
What is a PDF?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. Read more.
WHY IS PDF USED FOR DOLL PATTERNS AND TUTORIALS?
- Most computers and tablets have PDF readers installed
- Embedded fonts and images mean consistent appearance
- Smaller file sizes for faster downloads
- Most importantly, it is easy to print a PDF at exact scale
(essential for patterns)